Friday, November 23, 2007

Clean Out Your Pockets!

Question for you.

If a child (And really, he's not a child so much anymore. The boy is almost eleven.) puts something in his pants pocket to use throughout the day, shouldn't he also be able to remove that something from the pocket before tossing the pants into the dirty clothes? Hmmmm?


Yeah, I thought so too.


The cold, windy weather has descended on us and Cameron, being the lip licker that he is, has some chapped lips. He put some lip stuff in his pocket and then never took it out.


This is what I pulled out of the washer -- the lid is gone and so is all the stuff inside.




I presume that the stuff is melted and distributed nicely throughout the entire load of laundry.

If you see greasy looking marks on our clothing, this is why. It's not french fries, it's lip stuff.

So I'm all,

"Dude! You didn't take your lip stuff out of your pants!"

And he's all,

"You're supposed to check all the pockets before you wash anything."

And then I'm all,

"Oh no you di'n't just say that!"

I think some fire shot out of my eyes. Arms definitely flailed in exasperation and indignation.

So he's all,

"Sorry..."

Finding dollar bills in the wash is great. I've also gathered rocks, Hot Wheels, a pocket knife, and many coins. Crud, maybe it is my job. But lip stuff? Greasy, stainy lip stuff?


Please!


What's the worst thing you've pulled out of the laundry?


7 comments:

Marsha said...

The worst for me, finding a full pack of gum that has cycled thru the dryer!! It's always a great day when you find $$$

It"s me said...

Hey me too! Gum is the worst because it sticks to places in your dryer. I have washed chapstick a ton too because my hubby can not take anything out of pockets! He is still like an 11 year old!

Elise said...

HA! We washed Dan's ipod shuffle! Twice! Believe it or not, it actually survived the first time. But I guess the second wash was just too much. And it's pretty sad that neither Dan or I learned our lesson after it went through that first time.

gotta go girl said...

poop balls! yes, poop balls! dried up balls that had the liquid sucked outta them in the washing and drying process. They were reduced to balls of fibrous stink that made all of the laundry load stink to high heaven! i had to wash them several times to get the stink out of them!!! On the bright side, they did not leave unremovable stains like the chapstick does.....I have a jar in my laundry room called "Tips". Everyone knows that what I find is MINE. My fee for washing and taking care of all of their clothes. I admit my guilt got to me over a $20 bill once and I found the rightful owner.....Katie used to leave checks in her pocket after babysitting. Checks do not make it through the wash and I would not let her ask for another. (actually, she wanted ME to ask...yea right!) Free babysitting anyone? It took losing about $100 before she learned her lesson.

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

Becca's Hamster! (I've shared this story before) But,for me this totally wins over anything I have washed before. It was awful!

dishes and laundry said...

Okay, the poop balls and the hamster win, hands down. I'll be grateful for the lip stuff stains!!!!

Unknown said...

Well, I can't top poop balls or a hamster, so I'm not even going to try!