Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm so Excited, I Don't Even Care If They Freeze My Bra.

I woke up this morning feeling giddy.

I'm having a slumber party tonight!

Did you have slumber parties when you were growing up? My friend Valerie and I were always sleeping over at each other's homes. I liked going over to her house the most - she had a trampoline, cool older sisters, and her Mom made German pancakes for breakfast.

I don't remember a whole lot of sleeping. We'd stay up late, talking and eating peanut M&Ms and Cheeto Balls. Oh, and dancing in the living room. There was a lot of dancing. And make-up and hair, and talking about the boys we loved and who said hi to us in 3rd period, and wishing that we could both be Jessie's Girl. We had some great slumber parties.

So here I am, let's say, twenty-five years older, and I could not be more excited about my little girl's weekend. There are five of us married ladies, 14 kids between us, innumerable loads of laundry, and busy, busy lives - and we've somehow managed to plan a weekend away from it all.

One of the ladies stopped by my house earlier today and we were talking about how thrilling it was to be doing this.

"You'd think we were going away for 10 days on a cruise or something," she said.

We giggled at the thought.

Women just need to get away with the girlfriends. I hope there will be dancing.

Thanks to all the husbands and kids who kissed us goodbye, and to my parents for having an awesome vacation home that they let us use.

We'll get to those dishes and laundry when we get back.

Promise.

Have you ever had an escape with your friends?

4 comments:

Janet said...

Wendy,
That sounds like so much fun I think every woman needs to have a girls weekend away. They are so awsome. Sounds like you will have fun.

Nora Mair said...

Post pics with a narraitve. I'll live through you!

Queen of Hearts said...

You are an inspiration to me. I just love your zest for life and all that it brings. I think a slumber party sounds fantastic. Perhaps I'll still the idea next LAN party.

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

you are a blast!!!