Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday Chores

It was a gorgeous day today. Sunny, a perfect blue sky, and Troy was home for the weekend. Time to take care of those Fallish things. Well, time for Troy to take care of them.


Check out that sky! And the kid on the roof!

Yeah, Troy was up there too. Aaron just likes the view, but Troy was covering the swamp cooler.
Every time Troy goes up on the roof to fiddle with the cooler, he forgets to take his tools up with him. He yells down to me or Cameron, we fetch the tool and then hurl it up towards him. It usually takes a toss or two. Throwing metal objects up onto a roof takes some finesse. You don't want to hit the catcher, but it needs to be close enough to them that they don't have to lean forward (and fall off) to grasp it. Not far enough and that tool will fall right back down on the thrower. These are the grey handled pliers flying through the air.



Then it's garage cleaning time. We do this every Fall and Spring. We have way too much stuff. Tell me your garage gets to looking like this too.



This would go a lot faster if you'd put the camera down and help me.



Seriously. Stop taking pictures. I want to go play World of Warcraft.


Fine. Cameron will help me. I'll pay him in gold. (the currency of Warcraft)




Found a tub full of toys and Bear Lake sand. Might as well wash them off.

And then play with them.



Wait a minute. Is Cameron running around outside in his super-expensive, hand-linked, seamless socks?



Yes. His punishment will be swift and severe. Sigh...or not.

Now some people like to rake the leaves up off the grass.

Troy prefers to vacuum them with the mower.

It actually works pretty well.


Time for some flips.


Noooooooowwwww can I go play?


How was your Saturday?

6 comments:

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

I luv'd this. You really captured what a Saturday with good weather is like.
The neighborhood kids volunteered to clean up my back yard today. They must have been really bored.
I was awesome!

Unknown said...

I was still sick....MUCH too sick to clean a garage, kitchen, bathroom or any other item that might have needed cleaning!!

HOWEVER, I did get a start on my Christmas shopping!! I HAD to do something productive, people! Sheesh!

dishes and laundry said...

Just how awesome were you, Suz? Hehehe.

Now Cori...you're just making the rest of us look bad!

Hope4Grace said...

It was great...I slept in a little and hung out watching movies and being a slug.........happy weekend!

Kat said...

Well that now explains what Troy meant by the honey-do list was ready lol and why he didn't reappear on WoW for awhile *snicker*

Janet said...

hi wendy i finally signed up so i could leave comments our Sat was like yours raking leaves cleaning garage all the things i hate