Friday, February 29, 2008

Unintentional Break

Oh. Hello. Sorry I wasn't here when you stopped by, my faithful readers.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't apologize for not updating your blog - to do so would be narcissistic and with the assumption that people were clicking on right and left, waiting for your words. But apologizing - or at least offering an excuse - feels like the least I can do, when people have been wondering and asking me where I've been.

I've been...uuuuhhh...busy. Yeah, busy...that's the ticket. I became busy in this final week of February.

There was a doctor's appointment, two dental appointments, two orthodontist appointments, several prescriptions to fill (2 pharmacies, crazy amount of waiting time), a few birthdays to shop for, the district science fair set up and (tonight) interview and judging, a Blue and Gold Banquet, a couple of English lessons with my new Iranian friend, Mah'naz, and all the other things that seem to take up my days.

Also, I've been watching Oliver discover the outside world in some delightful, dare-I-say, Spring-like weather and marveling that Cameron's mouth is now full of painful-looking metal, and that it is costing more to straighten his teeth than it did to adopt him.

It seemed the week went by in a flash - I hardly even sat down to the computer. See? Busy.

But everything is fine, life is good, and I hope that's true for you as well.

I bought a new scented oil for my Bath & Body Works oil warmer - Pineapple Mango. It's sweet and fruity and heightens my anticipation for Spring. It's making me happy.

What, in your busy life, is making you happy today?

9 comments:

Risa said...

Hi Wendy, Here is a comment for you since you wondered why I stalk your blog but never comment. What is making me happy in my busy crazy life today is that my hubby comes home tonight!! Yay! Two weeks is too long and my poor kids are so sick of just me that they are just making today even crazier.

dishes and laundry said...

Hi Risa!! Good to see you on here! I totally understand - Troy is gone most of the time. It's easier now that the boys are older - it would have been so hard to do it when they were younger.

dalene said...

The sun!

Mrs. J said...

The weekend!

Glad to see you back we as your faithful fans need something to read. I was sure that you would have a blog about the braces. No video of the boys in the chair?

Nora Mair said...

Yea you're back! Friday is a hot night to blog!

James laughing--He did it a bunch tonight playing games. He's a hoot!

Post braces. I want to see!

Elise said...

Yea! I was clicking and clicking and clicking on your blog, thinking, "where IS Wendy!?" I missed you! Glad everything's ok! I too would love to see the braces. And the weather is making me happy. Right now it's just one of the best times of year- temps in the 70's and sunny. LOVE IT!

Amber said...

So glad you're back! The same scent, Pineapple Mango, is making us happy at our house, too!

Allie said...

Hey Friend! Just checkin' in to see how things are going in your life. Sounds like you and I are on the same schedule. I didn't suppose 'taxi-driving-stage' would hit quite this quickly. Crazy, eh?! I'm loving your little Oliver--what a cutie! Sure miss you and think about you often!

It"s me said...

The thing that makes me the happiest is the sunshine. I don't think I could ever move to seatle.. or someplace like that because the sun doesn't shine enought there for me.