Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, To Me

Aaaaahhhhhh! I'm 39 years old today!! When/how did this happen?
I came home from work today and found the nicest online wishes from my family, and then I happened to go over to this blog and found an entire post dedicated to ME! And some great hair! I was touched! Thanks, Valerie!

Valerie and I go waaaaaaay back to the fifth grade. My family had moved from California to Utah in the middle of the school year. That has got to be the worst time to move for school age kids - everyone has friends already. I puttered around Ms. Elringer's class, wishing for a friend, but pretty much keeping to myself. Valerie's family moved in a few months later, and she and I clung to each, the new kids in the school. Twenty-eight years later, and we're still friends! Well, at least until she put up that girl's camp picture. I'm guessing I was vamping it up after losing some weight (just before gaining it right back!). Story of my life...I'll always pose if I'm in weight loss mode, but not so much during the next vicious cycle.

We had some incredible hair, me, Valerie, Amy and Connie. The Aquanet...the AQUANET!!!!!!

I've been blessed in my life to have such good friends, both then and now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Valerie.

P.S. I'm already looking for pictures for your birthday in January.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kat said...

Happy B-day to you.. Happy B-day to you this is your last year as thirty happy B-day to you!

I should shut up since it will soon be my last year as 30 also lol... I officially took it off. Told my boss I planned on being depressed and knew it would require a four day weekend to help me out of it. He laughed and gave me a personal day worth of pay to make me feel better!!! So stay at home and still get PAID WHOOT

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

Wendy! I loved the pictures!!! You and Troy on your wedding day! Awesome! Happy Birthday to you...I luv ya!
kiss-kiss,hug-hug.

ash said...

I had never seen pictures from your wedding day (except the one here) you guys are SO little!

Happy birthday, thanks for being such a great sis-in-law!

dishes and laundry said...

Thanks, everybody! I had a great day, lots of happy wishes from everyone.

I spent the evening driving Troy up to Tremonton to retrieve his semi that was being fixed. And doing homework w/ the boys. We sure know how to party around here! I had a very nice party up at my parent's on Sunday - we have to celebrate when we can!

sugarbritches said...

Happy Birthday Wendy! i can't believe how long we've been friends through val and amy. Remember the "lobster fest" we used to have at your parents home in September for a few years? it was so fun! remember going to Mesquite with the girls and driving down the road...liberated? Memories go on and on. Happy Birthday~

Nora Mair said...

Happy Birthday Wendy!

i i eee said...

Again, Happy Birthday!!!

utah decor said...

Wendy,

Happy Belated Birthday! We missed camping with you at Bear Lake. Our annual trip just wasn't the same without you!
Much Love,
Connie