Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Time to Get Up

I'm a morning person. Always have been. I have no problem getting up super early every morning. I'm productive, organized, full of energy, and happy. I'm irritating that way.
Cameron, my 10 year old, enjoys sleeping in on the weekends, but he is also able to get up bright and early for school. He's always in a good mood and he likes to take a shower every morning.
He eats breakfast, packs up his backpack, and hustles out the door. He likes to be early.
As he was leaving this morning, he kissed me goodbye, and said, "Good luck with that..."
And by that, he meant...

Aaron. Mornings are tough for him.

He has no tolerance for my early-morning cheerful nature.

Don't talk to me just yet. And don't come near me with a comb. Grrrrr.



Okay, the cloud is lifting.


And we have a smile. Whew. I was worried for a minute.


What does your day start out like? Are you a morning person...or do you feel Aaron's pain?




7 comments:

i i eee said...

I'm more like Cameron...but I do have some Aaron moments. What a grump! :)

Angi said...

MORNING PLEASE !! However if I have had an hour nap then watch out night time. Strange eh? The boys are getting sooo big. And adorable.

Kristine said...

I am an Aaron at heart-
9:00am is a reasonable hour to get out of bed.
I am not grumpy in the AM, just quiet. My husband used to wonder why I was mad every day, because I wasn't speaking. To anyone.
Now I am up at Dawn's crack to get my herd ready. I cook for them, which I like, and I can squeeze in some makeup time, which my husband likes !

Nora Mair said...

Aaron's photos are priceless. I'm a real morning person too. Although I have the nick name One-eye for leaving one eye closed for a while after getting up and going.

sugarbritches said...

That's too funny! I am SO an aaron. I HATE early mornings. It makes me physically sick and stressed to have to set my alarm and get up early. The worst job I ever had was decorating cakes in a bakery where I had to be there at 5:00am. Horrible, I would cry and cry all the way there. I was so happy when the company folded after six months. I do admit however, I am much more energetic and productive if I get up early, but not too early. Getting up at 7:30 is early, but doesn't kill me. My regular wake up time is about 8:00 - 8:30, but I stay up until 1:00AM.

Kat said...

Oh Aaron, Aaron if it makes you feel any better I sooo feel your pain. I despise mornings. I dread that stupid alarm clock going off at 5.. I am so bad I can actually talk myself out of getting up for at least another half hour. Which means I have only allowed myself the absolute minimal time it takes to get myself ready for work and be there on time. I hate being up before the sun.. I love the sunrise. But hate that I have to be awake to see it. Don't look at me.. don't talk to me till 10 or be prepared to get growled at. I can't get up at 3 in the morning to be to work earlier like everyone else. But I am happier then a clam to stay up till 2.. go figure I get so excited on the weekends I FINALLY am allowed to turn that stupid alarm clock off.. it is just evil reincarnated!!!!

wahwee said...

Hilarious post! Loved the pictures. You have very handsome sons. Cameron looks especially handsome. Probably because he was bright and cheery.

I am a total morning person. Up by 6:00 every morning. In bed by 10:00 and asleep by 10:30. On weekends I do sleep in until about 7:00.

It's pretty bad that I am so far behind on reading your posts that I need to check the archive. But, as it is nearing my bedtime, I am not sure how far I will get.