Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tennis Pix

In a tennis match, there are three balls on the court. When I practice, I keep the extra balls in my pockets or tucked...
In here. It's handy.
Today I was in a skirt with no pockets, so Cameron asked, with some degree of disgust, "You're not putting the balls inside your shirt again, are you?"
"No sweetie...
...I'm keeping the balls up under my shorts!"
New shoes to make my feet happy.

Ed wanted me to write this on some paper and keep it in my pocket.
"But I'm wearing my cute tennis skirt and it doesn't have pockets."
"Stop being so spastic."





Take m' picture, baby. Momma's off to play in her very first tennis match.


Ready to go, feeling good. Cute, huh?


Okay, now we're playing. I think I hit this one back over to Shana.


Getting ready to hit a ball from the left side of the court. Shana would then smack it over very very fast to the right side, and I would miss it EVERY time.

This is hard! And I'm hot! Not so cute now.


It is HOT. I'm SWEATING. My little compression shorts that I wear so I can hold the balls and look cute in my skirt KEEP RIDING UP ON ME.

Game's over. I feel sick. Even my picture wants to lie down.

My first partner, Shana. She's awesome
Note to self: Even when you feel awful and sweaty and heat-strokey and you think you truly might keel over, stand up straight!




I don't feel so good.

Did I really just play a tennis match in 90 degree heat?

YES I DID!!!!!

8 comments:

Kristine said...

I wanted to call you all day to see how it went but we were with FAMILY.
I am so proud for you !!!
You did look a little peaked,
(say it right with 2 syllables)
but you gotta feel GREAT-playing tennis at your age.
HA HA
Good job, take some Advil
Love, KLH

ash said...

Yeah! Wendy I am so proud of you! It looks like you were well prepared, and you do look SO cute! Congrats!

Elise said...

Wendy! I am so glad you did it! You should be so proud of yourself and also know that your sessions with your trainer are paying off cause you look great in your tennis outfit!

dishes and laundry said...

Thanks, guys! Hopefully I won't be as nervous next time and can just work on my game skills.

Ibuprofen is the bomb!

i i eee said...

Congrats!!! Woot!

Nora Mair said...

Yea Wendy. You never surprise me with your endless ambitions. Go Girl!

spa prove'nce said...

OK...I have checked out your blog, at least the tennis part. So cute! You wanted mine so here you go...

www.dayspaprovence.blogspot.com

I have to say I had no idea how that headband made me look...wow! I will have to do something about that. I feel like I look a little masculine actually.

Keep up the good work. We all had to start exactly where you are my dear! All of us! The love of the game truly IS the most important part!

dishes and laundry said...

Hey, Shana! Loved your blog - cute kids - love that curly hair!!
Thanks for the encouragement and for being so nice!