Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Unprepared

I've told about my foot problems before and now I worry that I've taken them to a whole new level. When I packed for California, I was planning on dressing business casual for pretty much everything except the flight. I'd be wearing skirts and fitted tops and then I brought every possible dressy shoe that might go with any of them. I call them my three hour shoes, 'cause I can wear them to church and that's about it. I knew I'd be pushing it, wearing them all day long, but with the no jeans rule, I couldn't exactly wear my athletic shoes with the orthotics.

So these are all the nice shoes that I took with me:

And what with the change of plans and all, these are what I wore, traipsing all through Disneyland.

It was the lesser of all evils that I could have placed on my feet, but still...

By the end of the first day at Disneyland, I was sporting 4 band aids and a pretty good limp.

Ouch!
Promise to myself: First thing to go in my suitcase?
Reeboks!


2 comments:

sugarbritches said...

As you know I relate to the whole crappy feet issues, but I cannot wear tennis/running shoes whatever they are called these days. I can only wear flip flops. They must be at least an inch thick, but no more and no less with no wedges and a cloth toe strap. Psycho huh? I tried the orthotics but they hurt too bad. No wonder I have crappy feet.

dishes and laundry said...

I haven't had too bad of a time with my orthotics, but I only wear them in my athletic shoes. I want them to work very badly - $300 buck, outta pocket, and the promise of no more shots between my toes.

I can do flip flops, but I know that I'll pay for it later. What do you wear in the winter?