Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wrapping It Up

Well, we are heading out in the morning - one last camping trip before the boys start school on Monday. We'll be back on Sunday afternoon and then I'll have to give up my carefree, laid-back summer attitude and become the morning-rushing, homework-directing, get-down-to-business kind of Mom that I am during the school year. The tricky part will be to get Cam and Aaron to give up their own summery attitudes. I think we've had a good summer, but it's definitely time to have some structure.

Okay, not quite yet. It's only Wednesday, and for the next three and a half days...


this will be me!!!!

Hopefully I'll be posting again on Monday, but until then,

what are you doing to wrap up your summer?



5 comments:

Queen of Hearts said...

One last final fling w/ my buddy Sarah when I track off on Friday. We're thinking St. George or something not here. I'm hoping we could catch a Touacan show or something. Then I suppose I'll put my serious working hat on. -Sigh-

i i eee said...

Ugh. I have to wrap it up by packing, and working 12 hour days at my company's convention. Ah well, it was good while it lasted, O Summer!

Anonymous said...

We are going to Strawberry to camp, motor bike and FISH!! Then back to get the boys ready for 9th and 10th grade. They can't wait, I can. I like having them around they are alot of fun. But they want FRIENDS back in their lives. I guess that's more fun than MOM.

Have fun Wendy and Happy almost Birthday.

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

Summer stopped July 25th for me. Because of year around school. This was one of the best summers I ever had. This is the first summer in a long time that I didn't have to worry about girls camp. As much as I love young women and girls camp. It was awesome to love my family and friends. It was so nice to play with my kids and to stay up all hours of the night. My house was a disaster and my husband thought he had a teenager for a wife. But, I'm sure needed it and had a blast! I was lucky to see both midnight showings of Pirates and Harry Potter, camped at Bear Lake with Wendy. Now I need to loose weight and go to bed early!

sugarbritches said...

I've had a boring boring boring summer of cat washing and enduring the heat. Everyone is headed to bear lake without me (yet again). Hillary is leaving for college and although I'm terribly sad, I know I'll see her probably every weekend (who would do her laundry and how would she see her boyfriend?). I'm also slightly relieved to be able to let her go and not have to be the bad guy making sure she does her homework. I can leave it up to her, which will be a relief to both of us.