Thursday, November 29, 2007

I Don't Speak Scout

It was a big night at Pack Meeting.

Cameron was receiving his Arrow of Light Award.

It's the highest honor a Cub Scout can receive.

I know this, because other people told me.

I'm not really a scouty kind of Mom.

We have a guy in our ward who does an amazing Arrow of Light Ceremony.

Phil gathers all the scouts around the "fire" and shows them this really cool arrow with all these colored beads and feathers. Each color represents a value and character trait and he talks to the boys about how they can incorporate them into their lives. He wears a very cool head dress kind of thing. He's the ultimate Mountain Man.

Phil is a scouty kind of Dad.


All the boys receive their very own Arrow. Of Light.

They can't take their eyes off their arrows.

Thanks Phil!

Cameron with Cori - his awesome Webelos leader.

He's getting this because of her.
Thanks Cori!


These boys sure can earn a lot of badges and strings with beads on them and such.

And pins! Check out all the pins!

Cameron has all those fancy things too.

We just keep them on a shelf in his bedroom so they stay...uh...not on his shirt.

Did I mention that I'm not really a scouty kind of Mom?

Sorry Cam. I'm proud of you.

Love, Mom

8 comments:

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

I remember when Cam was a baby! Congrats Cam!

Nora Mair said...

cameron's personality shines though even if you don't speak scout. They just love it don't they?

Angi said...

CONGRATS CAMERON!! YOU ROCK!!

Oh Wendy, I am happy for you. No more cubs.

He's now a big boy playing in the big boys scouts. Get ready.

Spencer and Connor just finished their Eagle projects.

Wait 'til you get to do that.

dishes and laundry said...

Nope, I still have Aaron in Cub Scouts. Few more years. Cameron says thanks to everyone.

BusyBez said...

Way to go Cameron!
I'm not really a scouty gal either, but that just makes me that much more impressed that Cameron can and has done enough to get this highest of honors!

Unknown said...

I was there for most of it and even I'm impressed!!

DJ Colton said...

Congratulations to Cameron for receiving his Arrow of Light award. Aaron is next. This is just the beginning of scouts. In a couple of years there will be a 20 mile trek with Cameron carrying a 40 lb pack, Aaron a 35 lb pack and Troy a 90 lb pack. Don did this with Jared and Daniel and camped for 8 days in the Wind River Mountains.

Where is Aaron in cubs?

Love,

Grandpa and Grandma

dishes and laundry said...

Hey Dad and Mom! Great to see you on here! 8 days of camping - and backpacking it all - that's crazy. Hope they only have to do it once. Yikes.