Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Call It...The Mother of All Blenders

Yesterday I opened up my new blender - a gift from my parents. I'd had two blenders go out on me in November, and since smoothies are one of our favorite snacks/meal-in-a-pinch around here, I'd asked for a new one for Christmas.

My parents were good to me.
Check it out:
Oh baby.
It's the Cadillac of blenders, easily the nicest thing in my kitchen.

My 19 year of refrigerator and 15 year old dishwasher and stove are jealous.

Couple of features to take notice of...

See how it's all one piece? No little crevices of food traps, and there's no disassembly for cleaning. This is absolutely my favorite part. Without a doubt.


The base is sleek and smooth for easy wiping down. And it's very very heavy.


The pitcher is thick polycarbonate, huge, and see that exaggerated pouring spout? Works like a charm. It's dishwasher safe, but I like the idea of putting hot water and a little dish soap inside and giving it a whirl, like the manual suggests.

The pitchers sits directly on the base - there's no twisting or fiddling with it to lock in place.


Mmmmmmm...smoothies for everyone!

Excuse me...I have to go blend something.

What new appliance would you like?

9 comments:

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

I'm coming over for a smoothie!

Angi said...

I want the Vidalia, where can I find it??? I have to have it!! Please help!!

dishes and laundry said...

The Vidalia Onion Chopper? You can get it pretty much anywhere - saw it today at Target. It's $20 - you won't be sorry!

Lulu said...

My favorite small appliance is my Zojurushi Bread Maker. I don't use it to bake the bread, but it mixes and kneads the dough better than I ever could by hand. After it finishes mixing and rising I take the dough out and shape it into bread, or rolls, or breadsticks, let it rise again and bake. Or, after shaping the dough, I cover it with plastic and foil and put it into the fridge. The next day I take it out and uncover about 2 hours before we plan to eat, let it rise and bake. Either way, Voila! fresh, warm lovin' from the oven. My favorite large appliance(s) are my washer and dryer. They are my friends. (I'm afraid I wouldn't make a very good pioneer.) My dishwasher is also my friend. It not only washes the dishes but it stores the dirty dishes until it's time to turn it on, leaving my counter and sink free of dirty, messy dishes.

dishes and laundry said...

That's my Mom - Lulu! I told you she was amazing in the kitchen. I can attest that she uses the heck out of that bread machine.

It"s me said...

That looks wonderful! I am jealous! I love new kitchen things. My favorite is this thing my mom bought me from Costco. It is a hand blender, whisk, and chopper all in one. I just wish I had more time to cook and try new things. Its hard for me to justify new kitchen appliances when I hardly cook now. But I still linger in the in the target kitchen appliance isles dreaming of what I might someday own!

dalene said...

Can a matching washer and dryer count as one? Cuz I think I'm about there.

Love your new blender--congrats!

Nora Mair said...

"I want that" With the right voice influctions it's a movie quote from Napolean Dinamite.

You're mom is a natural fly lady!

I love my toaster oven in the summer.

Unknown said...

I want a kitchen aid mixer. I have been coveting one for years. But, if I get one, I would feel obligated to cook & bake. So, I'm good with just coveting, even though I'm breaking a commandment.