Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Let It Snow

This was my house last Saturday:
My kitchen floor has small puddles of melting snow, starting at the sliding glass door and trailing clear through the room. Don't run...you might slip!

The hallway holds all the outerwear. Everything is wet and cold and was flung off as fast as they could manage. It's as if they took them off as they were walking. The trail of boot, glove, hat, other boot, other glove, snow pants, hoodie, and coat (everything times 2) leads into the bathroom. First one there took a hot shower while the other got to warm his hands against the mug of hot cocoa. We're going through a dozen mugs in a day.

Bathroom floor has underwear, socks, shirts and towels. And more puddles.

The front closet and the surrounding floor is littered with all the gloves, scarves and hats that didn't get worn, but still needed to be dumped on the floor and rifled through.

The pristine, glittering snow is no longer pristine and glittering. It is used in both the front and back yards. Every inch of it. Nothing pretty about it.


Lucky me. (sigh.)


Please.
There were snow angels...



And knocking the snow out of tree branches...

A little football...


A little snowball...


Some eating...


And frolicking..



And general brotherly love.


So how lucky am I?

Very.



What do you like to do in the snow??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the cutest pictures of Cameron and Aaron!!

When I am in the snow...I shiver!! I love it when my kids play in the snow...I don't even mind the hats and boots and coats and gloves. Well, I don't mind them TOO much!!

Elise said...

These are great pictures, Wendy! And by the sound of it, we just missed the snow. I am very jealous. We are getting very Christmassy at our house but there is something missing without snow. I would like to do all the things Cam and Aaron did. You guys are pretty lucky!

Angi said...

Those pic's make me feel all cold. Better go make some Hot Chocolate. Looks like they had a great time though.

It"s me said...

My favorite snow activity was building forts with my brothers. Ahhh the good old days. Now my idea of fun in the snow is away from it... inside with Hot chocolate!!

But I do love the look of fresh fallen snow! How could you not???

BusyBez said...

Favorite snow activity, easy, walking in it while it's falling lightly on the gleaming world around.

Least favorite, too many to choose from. Recess duty, driving, shoveling, scraping it from my car.

But it does make everything look new and gives me a feeling of a fresh start. I love that part too.

Tesia said...

Skiing and snowboarding! But I love doing unique stuff with snow. I'm able to sculpture statues, spray a little mist on them, and they ice up and for everyone's enjoyment in the neighborhood. I've miss having a yard of my own to do this.