Wednesday, February 13, 2008

And One More On Aaron

Aaron ran up the stairs the other morning and came into the kitchen. I was sitting at the table (my own little computer nook) and I was partially obscured by the bread machine that was busy making dough on the counter. (note: this was two weeks ago...I'm not eating white bread this week.)

He walked over to the sink and paused. He didn't see me so he was pretty much talking to himself.

"Any clean dishes?" He opened up the cupboard to check.

"Ooooooo!"

There were, in fact, clean dishes. His "Ooooooo" was kind of high pitched and excited - the same sound I make when there are good magazines in a waiting room or someone offers me a brownie. (I would decline this week...I'm also not eating chocolate-flavored flour.)

"Finally...clean dishes."


Then he reached into the cupboard, pulled out a glass, and got himself a drink of water. He went back downstairs - taking it with him, where there are, no doubt, a dozen empty glasses.

You should hear his excitement over clean socks in his drawer.

That's my Aaron.

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a funny kid. Sounds like you SHOULD spend more time doing dishes if clean dishes are such an event for Aaron! :)

It"s me said...

Well don't worry Wendy... I have a plethora of dirty dishes all over the house.

And I never get to them. In fact the other day.. Ben thought the dishes in the dishwasher were clean... Because we had no more glasses and totally used one even though they were dirty.

He wasn't too happy when I told him they were dirty.

pinklady said...

oh.my.gosh. that is cracking me up!

(ps: I make a similar sound when I walk into my favorite mexican restaurant!)

(pps: I am NOT off eating anything this week)

(ppps: note to self, be more disciplined like wendy);-)

Unknown said...

It's nice that he is grateful for the little things.