Friday, May 16, 2008

A Bad Morning. A Very Bad Morning.

I called Troy the other day (he was in San Francisco) and asked how he was doing.

"I had a really bad morning."

Now generally speaking, even when Troy thinks that he's had a bad morning, it doesn't even compare to what I have to go through in my mornings. I'm the one waking up sleepy, grumpy boys, checking backpacks and finding unfinished homework, digging to find socks and favorite pairs of shorts in the piles of laundry, dealing with Aaron's moods, breakfast for all and trying to be out the door (with everyone happy) on time. Even on the best of mornings, it gets a little stressful. On the worst mornings, at least two out of the three of us are in tears.

So sorry, Troy. Your "bad" mornings are usually about a load not being ready on time and you having to wait. Or finishing your book on tape and not having another one to listen to. Or getting all worked up over the subject on your talk radio. Or when it's only 70 degrees instead of the balmy 75 that you are used to in San Francisco. Yessiree, your mornings can be tough.

But since I love him, I asked why his morning was so bad.

"I was coming out of a parking lot that had a steep driveway, and my trailer got stuck at the top."

"What?"

"My trailer got high-centered."

"Your 53 foot trailer...got high-centered?"

"Yes."

"BWAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHA! HEHEHEHEHEHE! HEEHEEHEEHEE!"

"Yeah, that's pretty much the reaction that everyone has."

In defense of my extreme enjoyment of this story, no one was hurt, and it didn't cost us any money. Troy called a towing company and after being quoted nearly $600 to fix the situation, he decided to just wait for another driver from his company to show up and pull him off the hill. The only cost there was having to hear the driver laugh (and laugh and laugh) and then pass on this awesome story to everyone at Troy's company.



Turns out, Troy was right.

He did have a bad morning.

3 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Sorry Troy. I love that the story was about him but included your daily dealings as well. Way to cover all the angles.

Jennifer said...

What a good sport to take pictures for you, for extra laughs at his expense. I love that "Air-ride equipped" part.

Jillybean said...

Awww. Poor guy.

I'm sure he will end up with some sort of nickname after this.