Sunday, March 22, 2009

Proof of Life

"Are you okay?" asked a concerned friend in an email over the weekend.

"Are you dead?" whispered Aaron's teacher from last year. She might have yelled it, but we were waiting for the temple dedication to start.

"Update your blog! I'm tired of looking at naked Cameron carving a pumpkin," demanded (nicely) another.

I guess a 4 month hiatus is long enough.

Honestly, I've been touched and even a little bit flattered that so many people care. And I'm sorry to have left you hanging back there after Halloween. I'm not really sure what happened. I think I just started feeling a little redundant.

I'd written about Thanksgiving and Christmas the year before and I didn't really have anything new to write. Life carried on. We had New Year's, Cam's 12th birthday, Valentine's, a new calling (Primary Secretary), and another shot in the foot. What more was there to say?

Not that I didn't feel guilty. Besides the occasional urging of family and friends, I knew that blogging was a record of my/our life and that it needed to continue. It was a good thing to journal our ups and downs, put up a picture or two, and connect with people.

But then a week turned into a month and that turned into two, three, and four months, and now I've got people wondering if we're even alive! Sorry about that.

We are alive. We are well. We are happy.

We are kicking back on a Sunday night.

Aaron on computer. And thank goodness for that. He's been practicing the recorder all weekend, and I am frankly all Hot Cross Bunned out. If you know what I mean.

Troy, fresh from a shower after 4 1/2 days on the road. He's relaxing with a game that has him battling Nazi Zombies. Not how I would relax, but he's pretty into it. See how he attempted a smile, yet he couldn't even take his eyes off the screen?

And here's Cam, organizing his dresser. That's just what he likes to do on a Sunday evening. Is the top of your dresser that neat? Mine isn't either. How about that haircut, folks? Scroll back down to see what it looked like in November.

Ollie, sitting in his favorite spot where he can look out the dirty window and let us know if anyone is passing by. Oliver is getting his hair cut tomorrow.


And here's my foot. Got an injection last week, and I'd like to say that it looks worse than it is, but that would be a lie. In an otherwise very blessed, busy and happy life, my foot continues to torment me. Not much has changed.
In other words, life is good.
It even felt good to blog again.

6 comments:

i i eee said...

So happy to see you blogging again! Hooray!

So sad to see your sad foot. Boooo. Looks extremely painful.

ash said...

Yay! I'm glad your back for a minute. Everyone! Everyone looks fabulous...except your foot! Poor girl!

pinklady said...

woo hoo! so happy to have you back. I missed you.

Elise said...

Oh my goodness! I am so happy to see a new post! Yay!! I have missed "talking to you" (reading your blog and feeling like I was sitting across the table, listening to you tell a story)!

Shauna said...

Wow! I'm glad you're back! I've had to question myself several times wondering if I really did put your blog on my blog reader! I did, you were just taking a break! :)

The Sants said...

You're right, I probably would have yelled across the gym! So glad to have you back!!