Monday, May 18, 2009

Double Digits

Aaron turned 10 yesterday.

He had more hair on the day he was born than he has right now. I still have that hair - along with Cam's curls and a pile of teeth - stuffed down in the bottom of my underwear drawer.





At 10, he loves Nerf guns, the trampoline, truckin' with Dad, computer games like Oblivion and Call of Duty, Drake and Josh, silly jokes and books like Ripley's Believe It or Not and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He also loves the watch he got for his birthday. It has a stopwatch feature and we now know that the opening song in Sacrament Meeting lasted 2 minutes and 36 seconds and the closing song was well over 4 minutes. Teeth brushing rounded out at a minute and thirty seconds.

He does not like waking up, showering, brushing teeth (mornings are a blast!), homework or bleu cheese. I think he'll come around on the bleu cheese.

Is it just me, or does he look like he's wearing some big fancy headdress?

He's my errand buddy, my tennis ball picker-upper, my drink getter, my foot rubber, my food taster, and the one who always remembers to say prayers - even when I'm tired and forgetful.

He's generous with compliments, enjoys using a broad vocabulary (be still, my heart!), and still lets me give him a hug and a kiss in front of the school.

Love you, Aaron! Happy Birthday!!!


4 comments:

i i eee said...

Happy Birthday to Aaron! Yay!

ash said...

Double digits are very exciting! I love the last picture!

The Sants said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!

pinklady said...

happy birthday aaron!