Monday, August 13, 2007

A Photographic Journey

So I got into town late last night from California. Everyone was awake, waiting for me and the gifts that I had promised. It's nice to be loved. Troy and the boys had only gotten home a few hours before and Troy had been busy getting the computers all hooked back up. We all had wonderful weekends and it was very nice to hug each other and sigh with relief that we all made it home safely. I don't enjoy flying and pretty much leave my thoughts in an open-ended prayer. Every bump and dip and I update the previous prayer to again ask Heavenly Father to let me get home safely to my family, and to forgive my folly of traveling by air. All was well.

California was wonderful - I had an amazing time and loads of fun with my roomie Kristine. We'd been to convention together before, so there was nothing awkward, and we simply had the best time. I'm sure by the end, she was sick of my snapping pictures of odd things, mumbling about wanting to put it on my blog. Love you, Kristine, thanks for putting up with me in so many ways!

We left Utah on an early morning flight and got to California around 7:30am. I'd had about three hours of sleep, but I'm still feeling pretty perky. Time to check in at the convention and get our free jewelry!


We got this set for staying in a certain hotel.



And this was just for going.

Then we went shopping in the showroom, checking out all the new jewelry. We were trying to match it to the clothes that we'd be wearing all weekend. I found...


this to go with my blue,

and this to go with my green.

Shopping and lugging around all that jewelry left me looking like this:


No time for a nap! We had to hustle over to the opening ceremonies, also known as 4000 screaming women, giddy with the thought of a weekend away.


I got to walk the stage for a bit of recognition, another constant prayer, something about "Oh please don't let me trip". My prayer was answered and I posed with my new title and my new jewelry.


Next came the unveiling of the catalog. Everyone was given a sealed pink bag containing the Fall 2007 catalog, and strict instructions to not peek until the big countdown. It's exciting and cheesy and so much fun. We heeded the signs:



One more gift - I'm a sucker for the free stuff.



Tiny little mint cases (mints included) and a mirror! How lucky am I?

After dinner and visiting, late night talking and laughing so hard that people thought we were drunk, we turned off the lights and fell asleep. Tomorrow would be filled with a motivational speaker, classes, fancy convention lunch, more classes, jewelry shopping and a big awards ceremony where we'd all put on our fanciest clothes. Big day ahead...better get our beauty sleep!

But in the morning, I had an idea...




And the idea turned into...



Yeah Baby!

We spent the next two days at Disneyland!


It. Was. Fabulous.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay when are we going to Disneyland? It looks as if you had a terrific time.
And all that FREE stuff, that makes it worthwhile. Anyway I am glad you had fun. I can't wait to see the new catalog and thumb through it over and over and dog ear the corners of what I want, and what I want to give for gifts. Talk to ya soon.

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

You look amazing!!! I'm so jealous! What a fun weekend! It is the ULTIMATE sluff! Going to Disneyland oh my!

ash said...

I KNEW it! I told you you'd ditch your classes and go to Disneyland. I should have gone. (Actually Lucy had a rough weekend and it's good I stayed) BUT I KNEW IT!!!

Queen of Hearts said...

Beauty. I love that you totally ditched and had a real vacation.

dishes and laundry said...

Hehehe. We had a blast.

Ashley, if you'd been with me though, I would have been a good little leader and taken you to everything. You freed me!

Yes, it was the ultimate sluff. We felt like Ferris Bueller. All day long we kept saying, "I can't believe we are here!"

sugarbritches said...

I'm totally jealous!! Disneyland! I think it's hilarious you sluffed!

sugarbritches said...

Oh yeah, congrats on your new title!!!!

FutureRN said...

Hey! I'm with you! Disneyland all the way! Love the pics with captions. Glad you had a great time--every mom should have that kind of vacation!