Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Favorite Way to Clean? The Mouse.

Bit by bit, I'm learning how to use a few photo editing tools.

I use a little finger icon to smudge out identifying information:

I can lighten and brighten and crop Troy's big ol' foot out of this shot:

See...much better.


I removed an unsightly blemish from the tip of my lip and even calmed a little of the rosacea redness from my cheeks for my new blog photo.

Yeah, it's subtle, but I can tell. I really can. I just wish I'd used the clone tool and placed teeth over my chewing gum.


But the best editing I've done is on this one:
Look at that baseboard.

And now look at the baseboard.


It's not perfect, but it no longer looks dirty, chipped, scratched and like it has a 5 year old paint job. It no longer distracts from the puppy.

So I'm all excited about what I've taught myself on Photo Impression 6. I had Troy sit down at the computer and I showed him how I cleaned up the baseboard.

"See, I make the brush this big, then I find an area with the same color that I want to have over the dirty spot. Then I press shift and click the mouse and then I click the mouse over every spot that I don't like. See how it changes it? I did it on the walls too. See how clean it looks? How awesome it that?"

"You know," Troy said tentatively, choosing his words carefully, "you could just clean the wall and the baseboard. But this is really cool too. You're pretty smart."

I think he just threw in that last part to save himself.

What do you think?

Scrub down the walls and baseboards...or keep using the Photo Impression 6 Quick Edit Tools?

10 comments:

It"s me said...

Well... I like your new way of cleaning.. It is great!!!

Angi said...

I need to clean my whole house that way.

Elise said...

Yes, I wish I could just walk around my house with the mouse in hand, and just click, click it all clean!

Suz Q Free Tibet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz Q Free Tibet said...

You are not only smart...you are a GENIUS!

Mrs. J said...

That is fantastic can you bring your mouse to my house. I am also having a blemish problem that I would like you to take care of. :)

The Peake Family said...

Wendy, awesome!! No need to clean now that we can clean up our pics, right? I also love the new dog. Do you still have the other one?

Unknown said...

You should see the before and after pictures of my family! Head-swaps here, skin smoothed out there, a little nip and tuck of the hips and arms here and there, eyes lightened and brightened, yellow teeth whitened. You can get addicted to photoshop!

dishes and laundry said...

No, we don't have Jeffrey anymore. He died last April.

And Marisa...that makes me laugh! I'm not even very good at this (and it's certainly not Photoshop), but I love doing it. Swapping heads? Nips and tucks? Awesome!!!

Kat said...

Knowing what I know about my brother.. you might ask him if by chance he has added those amazing add-ons offered to him for his Wow addiction?.... Good job on the touch ups.. always fun to learn new things in my book.. Clean the baseboards... honestly what is that boy thinking.. tell him I told you to mention if he doesn't like those boards maybe HE should take a moment and clean or paint them.. lol of course that might get me in trouble.. and he probably would refuse to run one of my characters through the dungeons I have been buggin him to help me do.. so lets just keep this our little secret.. at least until the dungeons are done!!!!!