Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Think I Heard Some Angels Singing

It's a wrap.

We are finished.

Done.

Completed.

Depleted.

Spent.

Exhausted...

and oh, so Happily Satisfied.

The science project is ready to turn in. The 13 page report is tucked into a nice, white cover; the display is standing up on the kitchen table - I can't take my eyes off of it.

I'm just a little bit proud of it.

I love stuff like this - choosing the fonts, laying out copy, lining things up, making everything nice and symmetrical.

I even let Cameron help a little bit with taping things into place.

I'm kidding.

Sort of.

Let's just say the display part of the science fair project has been a joint effort.

He did the report part with only a little supervision from me, but I just couldn't keep my hands off the display. I LOVE this kind of thing!

Cameron and I present :


Check it out. Click to enlarge this bad boy.



Do you like the arrows? I love the arrows. We had to display the Scientific Method so that it was well organized and easy to follow from one idea to the next. Nothing does that like an arrow.

A few pictures, a snazzy title, the Jester font (Cameron chose this), and even a couple graphs. Self-taught on Microsoft Works Spreadsheet, I am. Lots and lots of tape and some construction paper for a punch of color.


Cam is happy.


I am happy, multiplied by ecstatic, divided by tired, and rounded up to tickled pink with the entire thing.
It's DONE. Cue the Angel Chorus.
Hallelujah and Amen.
Do you think I could sell it on ebay?

11 comments:

Angi said...

You could definitly sell this on Ebay, KSL, and Craig's list and make a ton of money.

But Cameron did a great job on this project.

At the stage we are at with our boys we NEVER have to another science fair project again. Woohoo.

Just a heads up for JR. HIGH, they have to do one all three years and they are due right before CHRISTMAS! Yes, I said CHRISTMAS! The thing about Jr. High though is that they usually do everything on their own. Yippee

Good Luck, Cameron!

Jennifer said...

I don't know about our junior high here, but the elementary students do science fairs in 4th, 5th AND 6th grades. Thankfully each grade's deadline is in a different month so families like mine with multiple students fitting the bill can spread the joy.

And I do mean joy.

Emma's project (still to be done, sigh) is inspired by bats. She wants to test blindfolded subjects' ability to locate the directional source of a sound when wearing one ear plug. It's been in her head (and mine) for a month now. Wishs us luck getting it done!

Jennifer said...

P.S. Great job, Cameron!

pinklady said...

congratulations cam (and dishes too of course)! that looks AWESOME! I do indeed love the arrows and the jester font. all the photos and construction paper really do make it look good.

I always HATED doing science fair project and couldn't even tell you any I did...I must have blocked them out!

you will make a MINT on ebay for sure! hee hee

be sure to let us know how the science fair goes...good luck cam!

Elise said...

Oh there is nothing like the sweet relief of a big project, finished! I think it looks awesome! Great job, Cameron! And Wendy!

Nora Mair said...

So impressive. You could make a mint. We're not to this stage of the game yet but I think I can wait.

dishes and laundry said...

Angi - congrats on being past the science fair stage! Jr. High sounds brutal.

Jennifer - I think our 6th grade does one too, but it's at the same time. I guess it's good that yours is spread out, but then you're always working on one. Good luck to Emma and the bat experiment. You can get a really fun title out of that.

Pink - I'm like you - I do not remember ever doing one of these things! I must have blocked it out too.

And Elise and Nora...just wait. I'll be here for ya when start cranking these things out.

Brandi said...

Wow! That looks great. Far better than any science fair I did. Good work! Save it for me when my son is old enough!!

dalene said...

I would give Cam every single ribbon.

Really I would.

Unknown said...

Wow, way to go. It looks great. I can't believe I only have a few more years till I have to start doing things like this.

Suz Q Free Tibet said...

Today is the big day. I know you will do a great job Cam!