Tuesday, September 16, 2008

20 Years/20 Reasons

Happy Anniversary to US!
Twenty years ago...

and just a few weeks ago, on a hike,
during a
very happy weekend getaway...



So in honor of twenty years, here's a list of 20 random reasons why I love Troy:
  • You compliment me - all the time.
  • You are a wonderful father.
  • You gladly drive me around when I need to go on errands - just because you know I don't really like to drive.
  • You can open tight jars, reach high things, lift heavy things, and kill scary things.
  • You like going to plays with me, including musicals.
  • You never hesitate to help out around the house.
  • You understand my occasional need for some chocolate, some ice cream, and Cafe Rio.
  • You rub my feet every single time you sit down on the couch next to me. Sometimes during church, too.
  • You love my cooking.
  • You are honest, kind, hardworking, and dependable.
  • You support me in whatever I'm doing, whether it's cycling, tennis, eating like a vegetarian, whatever. And sometimes you even join me.
  • You understand that sometimes I need to get away with my girlfriends.
  • You tell me I'm a good Mom, even when I make mistakes.
  • You hold and honor your priesthood and have a strong testimony.
  • When I get a wild hair about tearing up the lawn and putting in gardens...you build them for me.
  • When I mentioned that I was driving some ladies to a tennis match you ran out and gassed up my car, washed it and vacuumed it.
  • You love my family.
  • When our family has had something to grieve about, we have done it together.
  • You work very hard for our family, sacrificing a lot so that I can be home right now to be with the boys. And play lots of tennis and go to lunch with my girlfriends.
  • You put up with me. Yes, I put up with you too, but let's face it, you have the harder task.

    Golly, I love you, Troy. Can't imagine my life without you, and I feel very lucky that you are mine. Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

i i eee said...

Wow, 20 years! I still remember the day when Troy picked you up for that first date!

Thanks to the two of you, for being such great examples.

It"s me said...

That is so cool! 20 years!! Congrats! That is a big milestone!

Elise said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! I sure love you both and reading this sweet list reminds me of how on my own wedding day Troy said some of the nicest things to me about welcoming me into the family, etc. I can't remember the words exactly but I remember the feelings-They don't get much better than him. And your not bad yourself, Wendy! Here's to 20 more happy, healthy years together! Love you!

The Sants said...

Happy Anniversary! September is a great month for anniversaries!! :)

ash said...

Awwww! I got a little teary eyed reading your list. I love you guys so much and miss you like crazy!

Happy anniversary!